Christmas is just around the corner so I thought a quick run-through on the topic of Christmas Photography might be helpful. Hopefully this will give you some good Christmas photo ideas.
Here are 6 Christmas Photography tips and ideas to try that come to mind for digital camera owners wanting to capture the big day.
Has more ways than what I have on my list but these are the ones that I do during the holidays with my family and would suggest to you.
- Prepare: Make sure you have someone in charge of taking photos for the day. You don’t want to miss out on anything because you didn’t have your camera ready.
- Set White balance: indoor photos a lot of the time are very orange because of the lights in your home. Fixing it in the computer later is much more work if you can just get it right in the beginning. If you don’t have an official white balance card you can use a white piece of paper. It will get you close to what you need. You can always youtube the best way to set your specific cameras white balance.
- Christmas lights: don’t forget to get some nice pictures of your tree and your outside lights that you worked so hard putting up!
- Preparations in Stages: getting pictures in stages of the preparation tells a story so you can remember how the day went. Make sure anything important gets a picture early before it becomes a mess! 🙂
- Opening Gifts: if you have a camcorder this would be a great time to just set it up in a corner somewhere and let it run.
- Go Marco: getting pictures of the small things like ornaments or the mistletoe above the door makes for a cool photo to remember the day.
I hope everyone has a great holiday this year and a wonderful New Year!