Taking pictures of kids playing in the bath is super cute and its great when you can help them at the same time. Everyone is getting sick this time of year and this recipe should help your little ones feel better. You can read the whole article if you click the link at the bottom of the page but I will do a short description to see if it’s something you guys want to try. I love giving my kids detox baths because it cleans their systems of toxins, they absorb the minerals, and it boosts their immune system. It also calms them down, makes them sleep better, and fight colds faster. Why wouldn’t you try this!! If you don’t want to fool with making bombs you can always just add a few of these things to the bath water but the fizzy bomb is so much more fun!
What you need:
1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Epsom Salts
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1/2 cup Corn Starch
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
5-6 drops of your favorite Essential Oils
1-2 tablespoons of water
Bath bomb Molds. You will get 3 different sizes and also some bags for storage.
Natural Food Coloring (*optional)
Mini figures (optional)
1. In a large bowl place all the dry ingredients: baking soda, epsom salts, citric acid, and cornstarch. Mix well.
2. Start adding the coconut oil little by little while mixing. Then add your favorite essential oils. Mix well.
3. Now with your hands (you can use gloves), start mixing everything together and add a little bit of water. The mixture should start forming. Don’t use too much water or it will activate the fizzy part of the bath bomb. Make sure your mixture has a wet sand consistency. If you are using colors (optional) you need to separate the mixtures in separate bowls and add colors to each one.
4. Take out the bath bomb molds and fill each side with the mixture. You can also add a mini figure inside (optional). Press both sides together tightly, and tap around the molds with a spoon or with your hand, to prevent sticking. Tip: I added a little bit of coconut oil to my molds and the bath bombs came right out.
5. Let your detox bath bombs dry overnight. Be careful because they are kind of fragile.They will set and be ready for the detox bath the following day. Make sure you keep your kids in the water for at least 15 minutes.
Make sure you rinse well afterwards and towel dry. This recipe makes about 6 medium size detox bath bombs and they can be used as often as you like.
Leave a Reply