Most people struggle to be everywhere at once and not miss anything. Christmas morning especially can be challenging to photograph with the whirlwind of crazy with the kids. A few tips can help you preserve your memories (with YOU in them too!) and enjoy your day that much more.
- Make sure your batteries are charged!!!
- Check Camera Settings- you can set up specialized settings ahead of time but I try and let my camera stay on Auto so I don’t have to worry about it!
- Group Shots- Try to get pictures with multiple people together to keep the photo interesting. Even if they are not both in focus. Like one child in the foreground and one blurred out in the background.
- Lighting- Indoor pictures are normally hard to get good lighting for but if you put the camera on a tripod by a window so the light is facing everyone you get get a much better result.
- Get in the Photos- Use a timer on your camera or get a remote so it looks like you were there too! 🙂
- More than just gifts- don’t just take pictures of them opening pictures, take some of them enjoying the presents once all the crazy is over and things are a little more cleaned up.
- Just Shoot- Don’t worry about being a professional, just get as much as you can and don’t forget to enjoy the day!
Happy Holidays everyone and see you in 2021!
If you are interested in a full session for your kids, find out more here.