I found a list of 10 things that would be fun to take pictures of with your kids before school starts in a few weeks: BTW don’t forget you don’t have to use a camera if you are out somewhere just use your phone! This way your can Instagram or Snapchat the photos to friends and family
- Wrinkled fingers – all of that swimming means wrinkled fingers and what a great visual memory to capture forever
- Blowing dandelion seeds or in my sons case eating dandelions – in the park, in the yard, and anywhere the dreaded dandelion appears is a good time to ask your kids to scatter the seeds and blow them away
- Bubbles – enough said?
- Sprinklers – not many kids spend each day running through the sprinklers and before, during and after a period of time spent squealing, bolting, and leaping through cold water is a great time to take some shots
- Birthday parties – outdoor parties in the summer months are usually wildly colorful and full of many details. Get a close up of a frosting covered face or a group of them!
- Flowers – If any of you have girls you know that flowers are one of the most important things to a little girl in the summer.
- Gardening – most kids only have a short burst of enthusiasm about gardening, so make sure you get them with their fingers filthy and their smiles authentic
- Eating corn/fresh summer foods – whether enjoyed in your backyard or a family vacation, (Labor Day Weekend is coming up) Corn on the cob is good and messy, but so too are blueberries, popsicles, and most picnic foods
- At the carnival – we take the kids to the fair, but we don’t always remember to snap pictures of them bravely getting on the “big kid” rides
- Ice cream time – yes, we mentioned sloppy summer foods, but don’t overlook trips to seasonal ice cream stands. These places are colorful and your kids are sure to wear at least a bit of their treat!
Good luck taking pictures of your kids and letting them have fun makes the best pictures of all!!!
Leave a Reply